Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Metric Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2004
US
First thanks to all that have helped me thus far - it has been invaluable

New question.. I have a sales table..

I need to produce a report that shows sales by item, 1 total for ALL stores, 1 total for stores that are open for more than 1 year as of the sales date the report is run.

I have successfully created a metric and ran a report that produces total sales, and have been able to create a metric that allows me to create a sepearte report of the older stores. BUT when I put them on the same report, the Old store totals are correct, the Total store number goes haywire.

I have tried to use the differnt filtering and grouping settings - to no avail. I also have tried to use the Old stores report as a Report as Filter in a report.. again the total numher is not there...

Can anyone give me a suggestion of what to try next?

Thanks

Use custom groups. The only drawback is (and I'm quoting 7.2 here; I'm not sure about 7.5) that custom groups are hard coded. You can create a custom group with a single element for each row you want in your report. Each row is defined by its own filter.

Example:
Custom group with 4 elements:
1. Product Item A
2. Product Item B
3. Total Product Item A and Product Item B
4. Total Product Item A and Product Item B for one sales region.

Each element has its own filter. Each filter gets run as its own SQL pass. The results are stacked (UNIONed) by the Analytical Engine into a single report.

Again, the limitation is that you cannot define a set of elements based on an attribute hierarchy level (i.e. all Product Items within a Product Group). You must explicitly define each Product Item (A, B, C). If the hierarchy changes, you need to manually update your custom group and add/delete elements as appropriate.

entaroadun, i think that you can use report as filter to define a set of elements based on the attribute hierarchy level.

create a report R1 with product items or template with filter group=groupA.

then create filter F1 and drag R1 into the filter def. Use this filter in the CG.

Should work like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back