Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Methods at run-time

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCulshaw

Programmer
Oct 13, 2000
GB
Is there anyway to access the methods and properties of an object at run-time ??
Situation a collegue has is, working from Uniface, he has to access a charting ActiveX component, but Uniface only allows him to get at the top of the components object model :-(
The suggestion is he creates a wrapper, passes that a "string" with the desired method, and the wrapper will take the string and do the actual work Cheers,
Steve C.

>Is there anyway to access the methods and properties of an object at run-time ??

Well, yes - but I think you may need to clarify the problem before we go down this route...

Thanks for the responses

The CallByName sounds like a possibility

The problem is, and I'm not 100% on this, but I believe the Uniface form can only call to the top level of the ActiveX, so the guy at work is wondering if by using a wrapper, he can take the "string" instruction from Uniface, break it up in the wrapper, and then control the objects of the chart methods and properties
- I'm assuming he's refering to things like, setting the axes colours, fonts, etc. Cheers,
Steve C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back