Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Method to search entire information store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milby

Technical User
Jul 8, 2003
GB
Righty...

Our company has finally had a shakedown of its corporate policy on storing emails / documents and anything relating to work.

Until now we just let emails build up and up until we have a huge disorganised mess, most of which is definitely NOT required.

I need to provide management with a fast and effective way of searching through the whole private information store for specific documents and/or emails when they need them - Can someone recommend a way to do this?

Personally I'd like to enforce a policy that just wipes anything older than 6 months - but for some reason they wont let me do this :)

If there are 3rd party tools which will do this better thats cool - I don't think there will be a problem with budget on this.

Cheers Guys!

The only way I know of to search an entire information store is using the ExMerge tool that MS produce. Its a bit clunky and only searches on subject lines rather than message contents. It's got some rather powerfull features as well so its not something I would put in the hands of anyone who didnt have a good idea what they were doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back