Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Method or Data member not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

corner40

Technical User
Nov 20, 2002
CA
Hi everyone
I have a form that when any event is supposed to take place I get an error message saying "Method or Data member not found". I have the DAO library reference in there. The database runs fine on a different computer just not mine. I uninstalled office and reinstalled it. I always install all of office(full liraries etc). The weird thing is that everything worked before. I don't know what I did that caused it to stop. Working on a few different databases in the last while this has popped up a few times before. I'll just be working along creating the database, not doing anything unusual and the next time i try to do anything, every command button, after update event, everything comes up saying "Method or Data member not found". It's very frustrating and as I said, appears to only happen on my computer as it still runs on others. I've done a compact repair, etc...ANY help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Jeremy

Open your database and go to the Debug window and do a full compile.

Sometimes, you could add code that seems to affect nothing, but yet it's errors causes other problems - my experience. For one thing, try to remember any recent changes, and comment out various sections of code until you find the problem - that could possibly be your answer.. if you have updated your copy, but not the others? Also, if you have separate front ends with a split database..

Stephen [infinity]
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6 KJV

Hi guys
thanks for the responses. I didn't end up finding a solution and ended up just installing XPpro. My machine had a few other little oddities that were rather frustrating at times so the quickest solution was to just start fresh. I know, i didn't end up learning of the solution but I'm on a time crunch right now so in the future hopefully I'll come up with something.
thanks again for the suggestions.
Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back