Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Method '~' of object '~' failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

gust1480

Programmer
Mar 19, 2002
PH
My program suddenly produced this type of error " Method '~' of object '~' failed" and I don't have any idea what cause this to happen. Can somebody please tell me?

If you are using ADO then I suggest reading this article and re-installing MDAC.

Actually when I got this error it was about a reserved word I used as field name in my sql connection string and fixed after changing it but I also re-installed MDAC by a lot of comments about this error in forums so I suggest re-installing it.

I hope this helps.
Regards Oz

I've seen this in COM+ objects as well -- it turns out to be a generic COM error. When it doesn't know what else to print, it gives you this.

Best of luck tracking it down... it won't be easy.

Chip H.

Have seen this too when I used the FileSystemObject to copy/move/delete files on a network so you may want to start your search there.

Have seen this when you try to open an ADO referenced project twice.. in VB.. Of course before the Service Pack tho.. All the Best
Praveen Menon
pcmin@rediffmail.com

Hi....
If you are using win9X or winME machine, this may be caused cause because of a lack of memory.
It used to happen to me when I had the vb running, the query analyzer, the sql server control manager, Edit pad....
Try rebooting and shutting down appps you are not using.

Hope this helps.

Daniel

I would suggest adding error trapping to your code and finding out what line this is happening on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back