Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Method '~' of Object '~' Failed -- Aloha

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJPS06

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2007
US
I am trying to parse the through a check to look at all of the items that a customer has ordered and do some other processing if certain items are ordered.

Right now I am just trying to loop through it and just msgbox out each item on the check, but....

The code below is throwing an error, what am I doing wrong?
Error: Method '~' of Object '~' Failed

Dim intTemp
Dim strOut

Set mobjIberEnum = mobjIberDepot.FindObjectFromId(540, CheckID)
Set mobjIberObject = mobjIberEnum.First

For intTemp = 1 To 50
MsgBox intTemp
If mobjIberObject.GetStringVal("DATA") <> "" Then
MsgBox mobjIberObject.GetStringVal("DATA")
End If
Set mobjIberObject = mobjIberEnum.Next
If Err.Number <> 0 Then
MsgBox Err.Description
Exit For
End If

Are you writning your own code to do this?

This may help. If Aloha uses a keyboard wedge scanner to do the 'Get Check' function the scanner has to be prgrammed with a '~' at one end of the code and an '^' at the other end. Can't recall which one goes at which end right now.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

Unfortunatly I enheirited the code and trying to modify it to meet a new requirement.

What is the easiest/best way to get a check, and parse through it evaluating each item in the check?

I don't know how to program anything except "hello world". The ~ sign through up a flag for me because I know Aloha use it and the ^ but I don't know how.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back