Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Metbase Update failed to properly initialize Event ID 1047

Status
Not open for further replies.

trmbr

Technical User
Apr 28, 2003
AU
Can anyone please shed some light on why my Exchange 2003 server is repeatedly reporting Event iD 1047 MSExchangeMU with the text "Metabase Update failed to properly initialise its context. A retry will occur every 60 seconds"

This failure occurs on restarting the Exchange System Attendant. When attempting to start the Information Store service, it then fails with Event 9538, MSExhangeIS and the text, "error 0x80040154 calling StrInitialise in REAPI.DLL. Unable to intialise the Exchange Information Store.

Consequently the Mailstores cannot me mounted.
I suspect that the IIS 6.0 Metabase may be corrupted but am uncertain how to verify this.
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
trmbr

Reinstall the IIS. Some time the metabase get corrupted and it really causes problems to exchange. I had the same problem before, and solved with that.

Luís Rato
MCP;MCSA;MCSA Messaging;MCSE;CIWA;CIWP;CIWSA;MCIWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back