Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Metaframe XP Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

lloydny

MIS
Sep 18, 2002
US
I need to stop the Citrix Metaframe XP services on a Windows 2000 server in order to troubleshoot a problem with the modem in my server and to be able to communicate with the COM ports through hyperterminal. I know that Citrix is integrated with Windows Terminal Services, but I think the only way to stop terminal services is either to uninstall terminal services or to put it in a manual state and reboot the server. Is this completely true? Does anyone know if there are any other services that Metaframe XP uses that I need to stop?

I think you are getting a lot of bs. We use XPa and the only other thing we might want is the resource manager. And we are getting that from Lakeside software. The resource manager in XPe is merely an earlier version of the Lakeside product.

Here is a link to the Citrix site which compares the various Flavors of Citrix XP, just click on the compare button and you will see the capabiities of each:

Good Luck.

Are you sure you are replying to my post? Your response doesn't seem to apply.

I know that there is a terminal services service. Do you know if you can just stop the service as you can normally do with most services? The reason that I am asking is because on my win2k server, the terminal services service is greyed out and the only way that I can stop it is to place the service in a manual state and reboot the server. Also, do you know if there are other services beside the terminal services service that work with Citrix Metaframe XP that would need to be stopped if I am trying to troubleshoot a problem with the modem in my server and Hyperterminal into the COM ports that the modem uses for Citrix?

Here is a list of services used by MetaFrame:

Citrix XML Service
Independent Management Archeticture (IMA)
MetaFrame COM Server

Thanks very much for the info, your help is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back