Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Metaframe XP and SQL Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammanter

IS-IT--Management
Nov 12, 2002
US
My question involves Metaframe XPa and SQL Server. SQL is not used for the data store as this is the only server in the farm, and it was installed with Access as a database. My problem is that I have users that hook through the Metaframe app and use a icon to hook into a SQL 7.0 and in the future a SQL 2000 based app. The server runs the application very well on its own, but once it is published as an app to users, they are able to login to the database, but once they start to work at all on it, the app exits and the connection is lost. Hopefully someone has run into this problem. I am able to login to the database, but actually running it is another problem. Thank you.

What events are listed in the Event log (on either server)? This could well be permissions related - if read only is given where write is required, a c0000005 error will appear, and there may well be a Dr Watson log explaining which executable caused the access violation.

Did you install the database client in change user /install mode?

Hope this helps

CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back