Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Metaframe XP and Oracle Products 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazaruschurchyard

Technical User
Dec 10, 2002
GB
Can anyone help.

I need to get Oracle ADI (Applications desktop Integrator) running on my Metafram XP farm. No problem installing the software, but it doesn't want to run as a published application unless the users connecting in on their ICA sessions are defined as Local Administrators on the server.

Server is 2000 Server, running on a Windows NT4.0 Domain.

Any Suggestions?

Who have you listed as users in the Published App? Have you tried listing a user individually and seeing if that allowed access?

It's been a while since I did this, but it can be done; ensure the installation AND susbsequent configuration is done in change user /install mode.

Check that it works via a desktop before publishing it. If there are still issues, try via an RDP connection - it will be slower, but easier to diagnose permissions/path issues, since you will have take Citrix out of the equation.

Hope this helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

ADI depends on two specific user files, a .SET and .TB. To get around the admin problem, we adjusted the settings for these in the general settings>installation page on the toolbar pointing these files to a directory in each users home directory. After defining the databases and toolbar settings, it created the two mentioned files in the individual home directories and ran without any issues.

Be aware that ADI isn't that clever and the target directory has to exist as it will not create it and it will not tell you that it hasn't

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back