Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Metaframe XP 1.3 and Xerox Workcentre 7300

Status
Not open for further replies.

TobiasOlmats

IS-IT--Management
Oct 22, 2007
SE
Hi

I have recently installed two Xerox Workcentre 7335 on my Citrix Server and since then the print spooler has gone mad. It stops at least 10 times a day. I have tested PCL5, PCL6 and postscript driver but without sucess. The other printers are running on universal drivers. I can´t find out why the spooler is stopping the log doesn´t say much. Is there any tool for a more detailed log on the spool server??

HELP!!!

I would send an email to Xerox and see if they have a citrix drive for this printer model. Also check the compatiblity with Citrix themselves to see if this printer is on the list. I have ran into this problem with lexmark printers and an older xerox printer which was not supported at all.

Go to Xerox's website and download the latest drivers, the ones that specifically say certified for Terminal Services and Citrix. I don't know of any way to get more detailed info out of the print spooler errors. They are usually pretty vague. We just added the same Xerox printers and loaded the drivers on 10 Terminal Servers. So far, no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back