Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Metaframe printing errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

CardinalEngineer

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2001
US
Ok, I'm sneeking in 3 problems. I have 3 new Windows 2000/Metaframe 1.8 servers, load balanced. They appear to be running fine, but I am receiving a few errors in the Event Viewer.
1. In the Application Log.
Source: CLTMGR
Event ID: 1000
The server was not able to initialize the Client Management virtual driver. (Error 13)

2. In System Log.
Source: TermServDevices
Event ID: 1003
An internal communication error occurred. Redirected printing will no longer function.

3. In System Log.
Source: CDM
Event ID: 39
The description for Event ID ( 39 ) in Source ( Cdm ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: \Device\CdmRedirector, 5.

I have looked all through Micro$oft's Knowledge Base and I have not found anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I receive error #2 multiple times a day. I receive error #3 maybe once a week. I do not know if these messages are actually causing problems. My box has been running with these messages since late January 2001, when it was first installed by a consultant.

I have heard that a possible resolution to issue #2 is to reinstall Terminal Services. I have not tried this myself, because I do not want to jeopardize the current configuration of my box.

Matt

My understanding is that problem 2 is dodgy printer drivers and may require you to check the print spooler status in some cases where this service is interrupted.

If it aint broke, don't fix it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back