Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

messy .dcr animation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zylph

Technical User
Sep 10, 2002
NZ
hi i put a path animation into a larger dir and sometimes when it runs, it leaves traces of itself behind. it dosent do it everytime, but as sure as the sun comes up, when it comes time for my tutor to see it, it will do it :-S .
is this coz im running my movie to slowly or am i doing something else wrong?
have a great day

hi Zylph,

the experience that i have made with director is, that it is a great multimedia plattform. meaning, you can build the enviroment to put the finished media into and work with it. but then, for animation itself, director isn't the greatest choice. moving big spirtes around often makes the animation stutter. using blend-effects is almost impossible (while there are other animations). so i recommend doing animations per example in flash, then importing them into the director movie.

but here are some hints:
- make the animated graphic as small (in physical size) as possible
- if possible, use the director graphic tools to create simple graphics, instead of importing them.
- make sure not to have too many simultanous animations
- if you know enough lingo, animate the graphics with lingo
- create a loop (insert - film loop) with the animation and put the loop on the stage instead the animation itself (you can even preload this)

the effect you have, sounds like the computer is not coping power-wise. so you might put some ram into it. however, you can not expect users to have as fast computers as developpers.

i hope this helps.
adrian

thanx
yes that explains a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back