Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Messg. Waiting lights on HG phones won't go off

Status
Not open for further replies.

twvnet

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2005
US
Scenario:
406v2 with 5400-series phones. Voicemail gets left for a Hunt Group. The Message Waiting lights on ALL the phones that are members of the Hunt Group get lit up. Checking and deleting the voicemail that was left for the HG only clears the light on the phone from which it was checked. The message waiting lights on all the other phones remain lit.
Anybody have a trick to make the message waiting lights on the other HG extensions clear after the HG voicemail has been checked?
Thanks much!
Tom

Software Version? I'd bet its 3.0(44)?

Apparently it's a known issue with 3.0(44). You can either wait for 3.0(58) that is due for release soon (rumoured to fix this issue) or talk nicely to your distributor and see if you can get a beta

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

The version is, in fact, 3.0.44. Thanks for the info.
Tom

No problem

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

?Are you sure that the hunt groups voicemail isn't set to broadcast mode - because that fits exacly what you've described.

By default no one receives hunt group MWI unless individually configured for it using a Hname entry (cause some people want the group to have a mailbox but not have everyone in the group aware of when it has messages or recordings).

When in broadcast mode, any group messages are automatically forwarded to the indvidual mailboxes of each hunt group member and the MWI works exactly as you described.

If you want otherwise, you need to switch off broadcast, add the Hname entry to each group member. They will all then get a MWI for the group and when one of them checks the message, the MWI for all is switched off.

Sizbut -- We do not have the Broadcast option selected on the HG configuration, and we do have the Hxxxx Source Code entries in the User profiles for the HG members, where xxxx = the HG extension # rather than the name of the HG, but when one HG member checks the message, the MWI stays on at all the other extensions in the HG. Should the Hxxxx Source Code entries be set up with the HG name rather than the HG extension #?

Okay, had to ask as the symtom was an exact match.

The Source Numbers entry should be Hname, not Hxxx. Nice that Hxxx appears to work but it might also be the source of the odd behaviour. Change the users over and see it makes a difference. If that is the case then Avaya either need to make Hxxx match Hname or disable it totally.

I got the same recently....checked the user's mailbox - no messages, checked the 1 H[HG Name] mailbox and no messages. Think I created her a new mailbox in the end, then changed it back to the orignal within the user form and that sorted it - or it may have been the reboot!

Just got 3.0(58) - do we know what it sorts out?

I had the same problem. Unplugged the phone cable, wait 10 seconds then plugged it back in. That worked for me.

Had the same problem, and the fix proposed by knguyent, work just fine...

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back