Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Messenger/Netmeeting - Application Sharing with more than one user

Status
Not open for further replies.

bateman23

Programmer
Mar 2, 2001
DE
Hi,
i'm trying to use Microsoft Messenger/Netmeeting with "Application Sharing". Until now i only manage to get one user seeing my apps. Is there any way to grant access to a second user as well? According to the message in Messenger it's not possible. But at least Netmeeting should work.

Any hints?
Thanks & best regards,
Daniel

---------------------------------------
Visit me @:

Hi, thanks for the answer. I was trying to do so and "hosting a meeting". The other person could enter my IP and i saw her in the list. However i was not able to either chat, talk or share my apps.
Any idea what went wrong and what could be a solution?

Is there probably another (free) product from microsoft, or any other vendor as Netmeeting is out of it's lifecycle anyway?

Thanks a lot,
Daniel

---------------------------------------
Visit me @:

Is there a firewall problem interfering at either end between the two of you?

See if the first two articles help?

Netmeeting Win XP pro sharing application grayed out
thread779-1278846

How to Use Remote Desktop Sharing in NetMeeting

You can still have NetMeeting in Vista if you want.

A hotfix is available to install NetMeeting 3.02 on computers that are running Windows Vista

The only other program from Microsoft that comes close, that I know about, is Windows Live Messenger. Maybe someone else can help us out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back