Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Messenger 6.2 problems. HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycox

Technical User
Jun 28, 2002
GB
I am encountering a problem with Messenger 6.2 which has me beat.
I had an error message displayed as follows:
MSMSGS.EXE - THE INSTRUCTION AT '05xd3744e' referenced memory at '0x00000028'. The memory could not be written.

I removed messenger 6.2 via add remove programs option, deleted all temporary files etc, then re-booted. Downloaded messenger 6.2 from the messenger web site and installed as per screen instructions. Now when I open messenger, a message is displayed about no conatcts set up and this keeps popping a new window up about every 10 - 20 seconds, therefore rendering my PC unusable. I have removed the program which seems to be the only way to stop this problem. Has anyone else had this problem? I am now getting major grief off the kids and I am dreading the phone bill...

From the Newsgroups:

Are you using the latest version of Messenger (6.2.0137)? If not, you can download it here:

If you are, simply uninstall it and reinstall the previous version of Messenger (as this
should be fixed in the next release):

Author: ____________________________________________
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back