Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Messaging R2 Admin Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigheas537

IS-IT--Management
Nov 3, 2002
US
Hello,
This past week my MLM 007 failed and the tech replaced it with Merlin Messaging Release 2, but he gave me the CD and manual for Release 2.5.

I am still setting up the system and would really like to get the admin software working if possible. This would save me tons of time as I have 3 auto attendants and outcalling to cell phones to setup from some 45 or so mailboxes.

Does anyone know if the Release 2 CD has a GUI admin app and if so, would you mind sending it to me? I would really appreciate it. Any features on the app other than using the phone would help greatly.

My e-mails are bigheas537@comcast.net and scotth@reedoil.com

I am trying to contact the tech that installed it, but I was in the middle of troubleshooting a power failure at the other end of our complex when he was replacing the system and got to spend barely 15 minutes with him during the repair. I will certainly continue to try to contact the tech to get the correct cd and docs, but I could get a head start setting this up as well as configuring it quicker if one of you kind souls would help me out.

TIA

you can use the Rel. 2.5 software to get in to the Rel 2. Put the CD and let the auto run do it's thing. It will bring up some PDF files and a couple of executable files. Look for the Merlin Messaging Admin software. There is a PDF file on setting up parameters. You will need a cross over cable to connect.

I did that and every time I run the admin software, I get nothing. I know it is trying to connect, because when I leave out the password, I get an immediate response from the app about missing the password. I think that it is also possible, that I have the wrong parameters in the tcp/ip setup. What address should I use for default gateway and wcs? I don't want to give it my gateway for our lan, I have tried several combinations and no luck so far. Thanks for the reply.

I would LOVE a copy of that 2.5 admin software if you don't mind. I've got the 2.5 at home and haven't been able to program it except via the stupid Admin MBox interface. The 3.0 is downloadable off Avaya's website, but isn't compatible with 2.5.

kristiandg at theguntzelmans.com

Kris

I just received the 2.5 software and used its UPGRADE SYSTEM FILES option to upgrade the voice files to 3.0 (I have the 3.0 CD). I was hoping it would have upgraded the whole thing to 3.0. Bummer.

Does anyone know whats involved in upgrading to 3.0? I'm now assuming its a flashcard. Does anyone know where I can purchase this flashcard?

Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back