Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Messaging another Voicemail Extension using Unified Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

antmanmat

Technical User
May 30, 2012
CA
I currently only have 1 seat of UM and am trying to achieve the following

When a voicemail message is left at extension 400, an email is sent to the management with the .vbk file. In addition to this, I would like to send a copy of the message to another mailbox on the system (ext 219)

How would one go about doing this?

I have setup an account within my outlook 2010 as an IMAP connection to callpilot 100/150, when messages are received there, it is forwarded off to a distribution list from my local machine. I just can't seem to figure out how to get that .vbk file to someone else's extension.

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated!

I know you can only send to one address per license. What I am trying to do is send an email with the .vbk file back to the call server for delivery to extension 219

Current Route:
Message left @ EXT 400,
Call pilot uses UM to deliver it to user@test.ca
Local rule exists to forward message to distribution group (email recepients)
I am also trying to forward a copy of the message to EXT 219 (person doesnt use computer)

There must be a way, I just don't know how to setup the address format to push it back to call pilot

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back