Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Messagestomper.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNeeds

Programmer
Mar 24, 2004
US
Messagestomper.com from msn??? How do i make these go away?

This seems to be something that is coming through windows messenger. You can disable the service.

Windows XP Home Click Start, then Control Panel. Double-click Performance and Maintenance. Double-click Administrative Tools. Double-click Services. Highlight/ right-click on Messenger Choose Properties and in the "Startup type" list choose Disabled. Click Stop, and then click OK.

Windows XP Professional Click Start, click Control Panel. Double-click Administrative Tools Double-click Services Highlight/ right-click on Messenger Choose Properties and in the "Startup type" list choose Disabled. Click Stop, and then click OK.

I hope this helps.
Art

I deffinatly missed my calling, messagestomper.com are offering a piece of software that simply turns th service on or off for $24.99!!!!!

Greg Palmer
Free Software for Adminstrators

run adware or spybot. They both work, it sounds like that you have a spyware problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back