Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Messages in voice mail box delayed 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nappers

Technical User
Jan 11, 2002
US
I just got a call from an employee complaining that they are not getting voice mail messages in their mailbox until 12-18 hours after they have been left. I know in other PBXs this can be caused by a full mailbox by either parties (sending or receiving) because of the mailbox size.

Can anyone suggest what I should to fix this problem and why it is occuring?

Thanks,
Nappers

Have you tried leaving a message in that mailbox yourself to see if that is actually the case. A full mailbox would never get the message. Or could it possibly be the notification to a pager or cell phone that is being delayed. I can`t remember if there`s an option to delay a call to pager or cell, but I believe so.

Schlum

first do back up
do reinstall and then restore this fix this issue for this time some systeme for 1 year some for few months

Also reember that if the time is wrong on the NAM, customer will be fooled into thinking that the voice-mail was left earlier that it really was.

Dial a voicemail extention, leave a message. Dial voice mail and retreive message. It should operate that fast.

If you are running NAM 4.004a you may want to consider getting youself a copy of VM 4.004c which has fixed some bugs as well. The delay could also indicate a problem with the NAM and sometimes the only way to determine that is to reinstall voice-mail and start with a few mailboxes and test for delays. Yes this is a pain because you loose all your voice-mail, but its sometimes a nessary-evil

- NT

Thanks again guys. I have not heard of more complaints yet, but am still checking the board in case of more issues.

Naps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back