Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Messages Getting Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebadge

IS-IT--Management
Feb 25, 2003
GB
We have a really weird problem where messages are getting lost in transit even to users on the exchange 2003 server.

Users have been reporting to me that messages they have sent to another user within the organisation have not been delivered even though there is a record in their sent items. This has been confirmed today when I sent a message to a user at 10:16. When I went to see the user the message had never arrived.

I have just enabled message tracking, to see if that highlights an problems, but it seems to be very intermittent as I have since sent messages to the same user and they delivered ok.

These messages are just plain text messages as well, so there should be no reason why they should be lost as all AV scans reports no quarantined or deleted messages.

We have recently migrated from 5.5 but we went the completely new organisation / domain route and transfered the messages using ADMT.

Now sorted it. It appears that the problem was with the NAV for email servers causing the problem. All it took was a shutdown and restart of the NAV service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back