Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Messages auto-deleting

Status
Not open for further replies.

kridg

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2000
US
Two weeks ago, the user had several hundred sent items, and her incoming mail was either in her in box or was in the cabinet. Last week it disappeared. She has about 20 items in her Sent folder, all from the 18th or later. I've checked rules, cleanup, and filters. This has now happened to 3 different users. Any ideas of what could cause mail to vanish? How to keep it from happening? How to get it back? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks, but I already did. I've checked every setting under Options for that user.

You need to look in NWAdmin (under the PO I think) for any regularly scheduled events which might be expiring/reducing sent items.

Did you check their Archive? I'm sure you did but no one mentioned it yet.

There is a known bug if they have auto-archive checked for mail and auto-delete checked for appointments (and vice versa). You may want to look at the cleanup options one more time.

Mark Nielsen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back