Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Wtg Light Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjatwood

Technical User
Jul 5, 2007
US
I am new to NEC products and I have a DTerm phone with an attached lamp field being used by the receptionist in a remote office with a 2000IVS. Two days ago, the msg wtg lights for both the receptionist's personal vm and the general mailbox wouldn't go out so we told her to use code 793 to turn off the lights. It worked like a charm but now the msg wtg lights won't turn on when there are messages. Please help.

I'm not sure about the 2000 ivs. I know with the 2000 ips there is also a voicemail administraton console through which you can also turn the message light on or off. You might try looking there.

The voicemail obviously thinks the lights are already on, so it won't bother trying to turn them on again. Clear all messages from the mailboxes and try again. Otherwise you will need to get into admin on the VM and turn them off there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back