Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

message waiting on analog phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

highwood

Vendor
Jul 15, 2003
CA
Hi, I'm having trouble turning on the message waiting lights
on analog extensions.If I dial #53 and the extension number
I get a busy signal.I can do this on the digital phones and turn on and off the lights no problem,but not on the analog
extensions.The message lamp is set to neon in the station programming and the message waiting extension is set to the same extension number.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks! Tim

Tim,
I have mine set to led not neon and on the second page of the station form I have audix on LWC reception that is if you have audix of course.

I thought I heard somewhere in passing that NEON can corrupt your G3. Denver usually logs into the switch when they notice, and turn it off. If you still have phones with NEON lights, I would recommend replacing them.

Neon usually brings alarms in the switch. I had a new person in our office set a 2500YMGP set to neon, and ended up getting a call in the middle of the night about alarms and had to resolve them. Make sure that on the station form you turn the LWC reception to Audix or whatever your voicemail system is and the Audix name too. The first page should be setup as MWI led and message lamp with the same extension number you are setting up.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

Is "#53" the LWC activation?
The reason that the pbx 'alarms' when u have the station set to 'neon' is that a special power supply is needed for the 90volts for neon. The pbx looks for the 90 volt pack and doesn't see it so it thinks something is wrong.
Avaya made the mistake of having the stations default to neon, so Avaya sees those alarm quit a bit.
I haven't ever heard of neon causing corruption, but I hear something new every day.

To solve this you need TN570D Expansion Power pack. The newer systems do not come with it(I believe R 6 was the last). It provides the extra power to turn on the neon lights on your 2500's.

Makes a horrible clicking sound in the PBX, almost like an old "switch" system with relays.

Hi,well we figured the problem out.There was a setting on page 2 in the station programming that was set to audix and needed to be set to msa-spe as there is a pms involved.Some of the stations were properly set and some were not.The light setting needed to be Led as well.Thanks for all your help.It is much appreciated.Cheer! Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back