Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MESSAGE WAITING LIGHT 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

njphones

Vendor
Feb 21, 2002
US
I have a few sets that have no voicemail box but have a message waiting light lit on the phone.

I have rebooted the set, verified that there is no mailbox, but I can not seem to get this red light shut off-any ideas?

Put a MCK key on your phone and use it to turn their light off.

I did that and when I press the key, nothing happens to the red light. The key is "MsgCancel

No, put the MCK key on YOUR phone. Press the MCK key, it flashes, enter the DN of the set with the light on. The light should then go off. (You may also have to press the MCK key after entering the DN, I can't remember)

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Can you show a PRT of the phone? I think you can turn off MWI in the CLS and it will get rid of the light.

Are you using CallPilot or Mermail? If so, make sure you don't have any VM boxes that have more than 1 MWI DN configured.

Another VM box w/ multiple MWI DN's could be lighting your phone.

You may have a hardware problem on the NT8D09. The WLC circuits are switching 150V, this is very hi voltage. After working for a long time they tend to behave as you described.
If this is the situation you may hear noises on the problematic ports this is due to the leakage of the hi voltage into the voice circuits.
David

Also you might won't to go to ld 80 and do a trace on the dn and the tn. This will provide some more information that mugth help.

either cp or mermail can cause that.. with a mck on your phone, press the key, dial the ext, press the key again.. a trac will shoe the light off..

in mail do a serach of mwi dn's.. that can cause lamps that you don't expect.. also in ld 77 make sure lamp audit is on.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

First - have you added the MCK Key so you can extinguish the lamp?

Add t your phone:

KEY x MCK

Press it, then dial the phone with the lamp on.

As for LD77 - all the commands are in the books - you need usable books. Get them here:
While I have never seen a use for Lamp Audit to solve this problem, the command is:

LD 77
.DLMP 0

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

Thaanks. I did add the mck button and it took care of the issue, but the posts here have been very helpful expanding my knowledge of our system.
Thanks again.

I hav config a MCK key on a set, but cant seem to et it to flash to enter the extn number. It just lights up STEADY.

Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back