Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Waiting Light Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tostfeld

IS-IT--Management
Jan 25, 2002
US
Hi. I'm a newbie to Definity systems so please be gentle. I'm having a problem with the LED message waiting light in one of my offices. First, let me explain the topology. We have an AUDIX VM system located back at our main office which handles the voicemail for the local stations and the stations in a remote office. The two offices each have a Definity ProLogix system and are tied together with a DS1 private line. There is a trunk group defined on each side for the tie-line that handles the voice traffic and a separate trunk group for DCS.

DCS to the remote office seems to work fine with the exception of the voice mail light. Does anybody have an idea as to where I might look for a solution to this? Thanks.

In the Audix subscriber form, you must change the switch number field from its default(1) to the DCS node number that the station resides on.

So if it is at the remote sight and that node is 2, then enter 2 in the switch number field on the subscriber form.

Also you can look at the display activity <subscriber number> and see the activity of the mailbox and see if the MWI turns on and off for messages.

Netcon1
(Mark post if useful!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back