Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Waiting Light On / Plays New Messages Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

jussis

MIS
Aug 25, 2015
US
I have two subscriber mailboxes that have begun to display the message waiting light, but when they login to their mailbox they don't have any new messages. Come to find that if you listen to all the old messages, then the new messages become available and are then played. Is there an option that sets new messages to played first that I'm unaware of that has become disabled?

What type of voice mail system?
Maybe your out of space, too many saved messages....when you delete them new ones become available.

Normally when you log in you can choose to play new messages or saved messages, they do not play automatically.
If you choose saved then I gather the system is mearly going through the cycle and playing new ones after, just choose New always.

As for the the light the system allows for sets to send sets a message.
"Poor man's voice mail"
If you do Feature 1 , 222 then 222's light/msg will go on
222 will then do Feature 65 to see who called - example on display "221 Called" or "Reception(sets name) called"
Feature #65 to clear the light/msg

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I get what you're saying. I decided to have both users delete all their saved messages and see if the problem continued. So far that seems to have corrected the issue. Thanks. :)

In the message sorting settings in call pilot what does it say it should use as the entry point for the users? The normal setting is to use new messages as the first entry point.

Wanebo I thinks its a Norstar or BCM Callpilot in this particular case.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back