Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Waiting light (MWI) over PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybertheque

Technical User
May 15, 2011
US
This question from 2005 doesn't really have an answer; I intend to do the same with with an asterisk backend and need a solution. For the moment I have two legend 7.0 systems networked over PRI for experimentation and MWI isn't working on the remote systems when using FEAT 53 to send.

Help much appreciated:

Original post from 2005:

"jomaha (TechnicalUser)
14 Mar 05 14:27
I'm connected to Legend 7.0 via 5ess PRI to an asterisk pbx. I am routing unanswed (both extenal & internal) calls back out through the PRI to UDP extension 6799 for voicemail - which is working fine and asterisk is capturing the called extension number.

I would like to turn on the message waiting light. I have tried setting asterisk's outgoing cid to 6799 and dialing into the legend with #53XXXX where XXXX=LegendExt. The string works from internal extensions - but not through the pri. I've seen on other threads that you can illuminate lights over a pri, do I have to set up something special or use a different string?

Thanks,

John"

Sounds like you need to send and receive the digits inband over the PRI. The way it works for merlin centralized mail over a merlin network PRI is explained in the network reference page 1-24. The MWI signal is communicated over the D-Channel and not over a B-channel.

If the caller leaves a message, the centralized VMS/AA sends signals over the signalling D-channel and the Message Waiting light at extension 1234 goes on. When the user at extension 1234 dials 7771 to reach the centralized VMS/AA to retrieve messages, the same routing takes place as before and when all messages are retrieved, the centralized VMS/AA sends signals over the signalling D-channel to turn off the Message Waiting light at Extension 1234.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back