Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message waiting light doesn´t turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagbab

Programmer
Feb 16, 2009
SE
IPOV2 8.0(42) Embedded VM, Visual Voice. Phones: Avaya 1616.

There are 4 Group Voicemail boxes where System Status says "Message Waiting: On" for the 3 users that are configured to be able to listen to the voicemails left there. I have tested to use V"ExtNr" and H"ExtNr" and H"GroupName". Still the message waiting lamp doesn´t turn on. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance - P

Leave out the quotation marks - make it HMain or H200 or whatever the group name or number is.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Just talked to the "very upset customer" to continue the trouble shooting of the messages light not lighting up. I´ve talked to two different people at this customer, one when I configured the 4 group mailboxes they wanted (we tested that they worked together), and another a few more times to see if the light worked after some troubleshooting. It´s been frustrating too me since the "Message Waitning" indication in SSA is "On", yet they still say the light is off, both of them, and their boss. And their boss got more and more upset with us for every day that passes.

So, when I call again this time I start by asking if the light is on, she answers...
"which one"
"the one on the top corner"
"oh, that one...(silence)"
"yes, is it on?"
"well, yes."
"(I'm silent...)"
" But I thought you ment the ones at the bottom"
"(silence...)"
"We have four mailboxes and thought they were indicated by the small lights on the side"
"(silence...)"
"How were we supposed to know, where not Einsteins here"
"Yes, I don´t think you have to be Einstein to understand that that lamp indicates left messages"
"But that light is lit all the time"
"Well, thats because there has been messages there..."

I don´t know, is it me who expect too much of my customers or are some just plain dumb?

Seems like someone should have done some training with them. Pretty normal thing to do with customers new to a system....

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

Manager>Users>Username>Source Number>Add>Hmain or Vxxx(xxx=extension number. This will allow the user to access the other mailboxes w/o having a password and turn on their message waiting light. FYI H for huntgroups is case sensitive.

Readme:

Standard User Source Numbers

The following types of record can be added to a user's source numbers:

· AUTO_INTERCOM_ALLOW
Overrides any system wide automatic intercom deny setting (see NoUser User Source Numbers below) and allows the user to receive automatic intercom calls.

· AUTO_INTERCOM_DENY
Applies automatic intercom deny to the user. Turns any incoming automatic intercom calls into normal calls.

· V<Caller's ICLID>
Strings prefixed with a V indicate numbers from which access to the users mailbox is allowed without requiring entry of the mailbox's voicemail code. This is referred to as "trusted source".

· For Voicemail Pro running in Intuity mode, trusted source is used for calls from programmable buttons set to Voicemail Collect and Visual Voice. Other controls are prompted for the mailbox number and then password.

· R<Caller's ICLID>
To allow Dial In/RAS call access only from a specified number prefix the number with a "R", for example R7325551234.

· H<Group Name>
Allows the user to receive message waiting indication of new group messages. Enter H followed by the group name, for example HMain.

· On suitable display extensions, the hunt group name and number of new messages is displayed. Refer to the appropriate telephone user guide.

· If the user is using Phone Manager, the Messages tab shows the hunt group name and number of new messages.

· If the user is not a member of the group, a voicemail code must be set for the group's mailbox. See Voicemail Code on the Hunt Group | Voicemail tab.

· P<Telephone Number>
This record sets the destination for callback (outbound alert) calls from voicemail. Enter P followed by the telephone number including any necessary external dialing prefix, for example P917325559876. This facility is only available when using Voicemail Pro through which a default Callback or a user specific Callback start point has been configured. Refer to the Voicemail Pro documentation. This feature is separate from voicemail ringback and Voicemail Pro outcalling.

· RESERVE_LAST_CA= Release Up to 3.2.
Used for users with multiple call appearance buttons. When present, this string stops the users last call appearance button from being used to receive incoming calls. This ensures that the user always has a call appearance button available to make outgoing calls and to initiate transfers and conferences. For Release 4.0 and higher this option has been replaced by Reserve Last CA (User | Telephony | Multi-line Options).

· AT<string>
Strings beginning with AT can be used with a user called DTEDefault to configure the default settings of the control unit's DTE port.

· Enable_OTT
Enable one touch transfer operation for the user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back