Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message waiting lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florchita

MIS
Jan 17, 2002
US
Hi,

I don´t know what´s going on, but the message waiting lamp doesn´t go on when a new message is waiting.
Do I have to set something? We have Voicemail lite. This was working since the IPO was installed, but somehow stopped working.
This IPO 403 is "acting odd" since the last 3 months....

Have you tried resetting the IP Office? What firmware is loaded on the IP Office? You may also consider rebooting the Voicemail server.

What phones are you using? Have you upgraded the software recently?

For Avaya DT, DS and IP Phones, this should work automatically. Things are different with POTS. If you have checked the space in the username already (as IPOdan says) then work with this...

On the Extn in Manager for the analog phone, the 'Message Waiting Lamp Indication Type' allows the sending of message waiting lamp indication to an analog extension. Due to the number of methods of message waiting indication (mwi) used by different manufacturers, this operation cannot be guaranteed with all analog phones.

The IP Office currently only supports lamps using 81V dc signaling. Some analog phones use 90V dc signaling.

Also, make sure you have all your firmware up to date. If it's DS or IP Phone's you are using, make sure they are up to date too.

Let me know your progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back