Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Waiting Indicator Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kn1ght

MIS
May 4, 2007
US
Good afternoon everyone :)

IPO 3.2 phone type 5410

Schenario is I fixed one problem and another popped up in its place.

First, the user was forwarding her extn to her cell phone, but if she didnt answer her cell she wanted the caller to be put back in her extn voicemail, not cell voicemail. If she forwarded her extn to another exnt in the office, then didnt answer her cell, then it would work, caller would go to her extn vmail.
My solution was deleting her user profile and copying another users profile that was working like she wanted. Boom, she could forward her extn to cell phone, not answer, and caller goes into her extn mailbox.

Heres where it gets tricky.

The users profile that I copied, his Message Waiting Indicator did not work, and now, neither does hers. (his did not work before, hers did)

Soooo saying all of that where in the world in the config is the MWI controlled? It must be in the config as I basically copied his MWI problem to hers when I copied his profile. Now I would like to get both of their MWI's working...any ideas?

Check in source codes that you have a:
v(EXT) eg V302.

I thought this only made a difference to the USER Password requirement, However is worth checking.
I would be also be worth checking the Incoming call route is not pointing to a Huntgroup to do funny things with user distribution.
If this is the case you would need a:
H(Huntgroup Name) in source codes eg HMain

If that fails can you not just copy a user whos MWL is working

In the extension form, what do you have set for MWI type?

I think that on these profiles you may have accidentaly put a space at the end of the name, this causes a mismatch against the name of the vm account but because it is a space and not a character you may not notice it unless you actually look for it. There has been a tech tip about this.

Also if there is a space this may have created some rogue mailboxes so you may need to look at tidying that up aswell.

There is only a setting for MWI on alog handsets. On DS its just on and thats it.

I also dont think the V source number has anything to do with the light either, this is just giving you trusted access to your mailbox without the need for a password. For example if you gave x203 a V number for x204, when 204 gets a message it doesnt light the light on 203 aswell.

I have just tested this, the V source number has nothing to do with the light.

On a DS handset there are no settings for the MWI.

I would suggest deleting both user profiles and recreating them.

You can run a trace to see if VM is trying to light the light..............

Message Waiting Indication
To determine if Voicemail Pro is transmitting message waiting indication (MWI) information, the following trace options should be used in Monitor:

Filters, Trace Options (Ctrl+T)

Select the option to CLEAR ALL FIELDS.

For Call events enable Extension Send, MonIVR and Targetting.

For System events enable Print.

Whenever voicemail is accessed for a mailbox (message leaving\retrieval); Voicemail will send a voicemail status update for that mailbox to the PBX. This is traced out within SYSMON with the MonIVR option and is an IVR Event type message.

The following is a trace example received with leaving a message to mailbox 206, note the following:

IVR Events indicate the number of new, read, saved messages. If the new message count is zero then the PBX should extinguish the message waiting light, otherwise the message waiting light should be activated.

When the MWL indication is sent to the phone, the CMExtnTx event should indicate the transmission of the message CMVoiceMailStatus with the number of new messages being in the display field (may also be in the calling party field). The UUI field may also contain the information format (length of UUI, number of messages, unread messages, extension state).

7201633mS CMExtnTx: v=203, p1=1

CMVoiceMailStatus

Line: type=DigitalExtn 3 Call: lid=0 id=-1 in=0

Calling[00000001] Type=Default (100)

UUI type=Local [....] [0x03 0x01 0x01 0x00 ]

Display [Extn203 Msgs=1]

Timed: 06/05/05 12:26

7201634mS IVR Event: Voicemail message update for [Extn203]:- New=1,Read=1,Saved=0

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACS - IP Office Implement
ACE - IP Office Implement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back