Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message waiting indicator lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcokonougher

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2006
US
In the subscriber dirctory under the notifications tab the MWI box is checked, and it shows that there is a message waiting. However, the light on the phone does not come on.

It is an NEAX 2000 IPS. The phone is an Inaset 240G.

Make sure Command 1303 is set to a "0" for the station.

I checked command 1303 and it is set to zero. Do regular users require transaction boxes? None of these users have them set up in the administration console.

Regular users do not require a transaction box. Have you tried swapping this phone with another (known working message waiting light?)

Thank You for your help so far. When the phones were set up they had both a transaction box and a subscriber's box. We removed the transaction boxes because they were making using the voicemail to much of a problem.I have noticed that the MWI light seems to be tied to the interoffice extension of the phones, but I don't know how.

Do the extensions numbers for the phones match the extension #'s programmed in the voicemail system?

How would I check that to see if there is a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back