Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Waiting Indicator issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaHelp

Programmer
Dec 16, 2003
CA
I am getting tired of this issue. Does anyone know why that at least once a month for some reason, a group of Agents will have their MWI stay locked on and I am unable to get it unlocked? I always end up having to ask Avaya to fix it and they usually almost always delete the entire profile to fix it.

Right now I have three Agents with the vm indicater locked on.

Self taught on S8700 & S8710 v2.2/CMIV/Octel 250/CMS v12/Intuity AUDIX/IP Agent/VoIP/Programming
==========================================================
Does anyone have a quarter, I need to make a phone call?

try 'clear amw all xxxx'

This should turn them off.

I wonder if this is being done by the LWC feature. As a default on the 6400 series and I beleive the 8400 series was LWC buttons that my users played with all the time and lite others VM light. Then you have to use the LWC feature reteive to clear them. I took all those buttons off the users phones and have not had this problem since.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
(Plato)

I dont understand why Avaya keeps this feature "alive"... I dont know anybody who uses LWC. Maybe its because of the use of lwc by Audix?

One reason is to intergrate other Vmail systems with the PBX. I have some sites that I have Active Voice Vmail and it uses the LWC codes to de-activate and activate the MSG waiting lamp

prflash

84Mike - what number is being represented by xxxx? Do i have to clear each voice mail box that is affected?

LWC; sorry all but what is this?

Thank you all for helping

Self taught on S8700 & S8710 v2.2/CMIV/Octel 250/CMS v12/Intuity AUDIX/IP Agent/VoIP/Programming

Sory I just clued in - LWC - Leave Word Calling, sorry I was still sleeping.

84Mike - That worked so well that now when I leave a voice mail, there is no light (mwi).

Let us know if you need more help with this.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
(Plato)

'clear amw' should only clear the message waiting flag. It should not disable the MWI altogether.

IF the MWI flag was set in Audix the user will need to clear out all new messages before the next message will trigger "MWI on"

DonBott
Why don't you get a toupee with some brains in it? Moe Howard

This is in an Octel not AUDIX. There are no messages in the vm boxes and yet new messages still do not tag the MWI.

if I remember my Octel correctly u have to flag MSG indicator on the mailbox to yes or something like that.

Prflash

Well I thought I'd post what I found out. It took some doing but it appears that Avaya discovered that the Octel will get corrupted every once in a while and recognize more ports then are administered for sending an MWI to the PBX and back to the Station.

This will cause all kinds of issues which Avaya states to fix is to reboot the Octel. They suggest to do so every 6 months.

Not sure if this is ligit as I ended up deleting and recreating the profiles before I could test the theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back