Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message waiting denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnava

IS-IT--Management
Nov 18, 2005
US
I have a MICS system with 7.0 XC software installed. My trouble is that when the customer tries to leave a message by pressing "Feature 1" and then tries to add an ext number it is coming back with "Message Denied". The system has been installed for 3 months now and was working just fine. we have had this problem for the last four days.

Curlycord,

Thanks for the response. I checked this out on many of the sets that we have tested on as well as others and "Set Lock" is set to "NONE".

Hope you or orthers may have an other idea, I'm stumped.

You have tried to send a message to an
invalid internal number or to a telephone
that is out of service. This is out of the norstar manual.

Phoneguy427,

I wish that was it, I read that in the manual to, but sorry to say it is not the case.

That was it, rebooted and it did come back just fine. Thought about rebooting, but I wanted to make sure it was not something else I was over looking.

Thanks for the info. Now, if it should happen again, maybe I should replace the software. If I do, should I also replace the NVRAM as well?

Also, if I do need to replace it, will this change my system ID and I will have to get new PRI KeyCodes?

If it happens again the next step would be to to a startup and program from sctarch...like reloading Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back