Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message wait light on but no messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

edbronson

Technical User
Jan 13, 2003
US
We have both Mermail and Call Pilot on our option 81 switch, every morning and sometimes during the day message light is on but no messages in mail box, searched call pilot and mermail for extension dn, and mwi dn but only exist in call pilot, what else could turn on the light for one specific mailbox????

An MIK would do it, or if you are a hotel there are addons that can do that as well.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Might want to check and see if you are at the current level with CallPilot??

There is an mwk programmed, but is only for speed dial to call pilot access.
Will check the current level and see if we need a patch.
Thanks guys, but I am still open to answers and suggestions.

You can add MIK and MCK keys to your set. So to light the light, I would press key 4, enter the ext, and press key 4 again. To extinguish the light, same process but key 5.

04 MIK <------Light the ext.
05 MCK <------Extinguish the light

we have the same issue with our CP4... have found no reason for it yet

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

edbronson...why do have both mermail and callpilot?are your
mailboxes built in both systems?i had this trouble on an
81 that i upgraded to callpilot from mermail i had to turn
the mermail off and when i did no more problem with message
lights and no messages.hope this helps.

strmwalker

There has to be a duplication. Probably one system has the DN as an alternate, while the Other system has the DN as a primary.

test: Go into the system which does NOT have the DN as a mailbox and try to add it as a mailbox. If the DN is in use as an alternate, the system will not let you build that mailbox.

Hth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back