Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

message tracking log file error

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwtaylor

MIS
Jan 3, 2002
GB
We are trying to set up message tracking on Exchange Server 5.5 SP4. In the 'Select mesage to track' dialogue box, I enter the names of the recipients I wish to track, but when I click 'Find now' I get the following error message:

"The log file '\\servername\Tracking.Log\20020103.log' is not available.

Log files are created each day only if message tracking has been enabled and are sent during the specified day.

The network name cannot be found.

Microsoft Windows NT
ID no: 0xc0020043"

Any ideas on how I can overcome this problem?

Have you actually setup message tracking on the exchange server itself? Mesage tracking is disabled by default and needs to be enabled. If not enabled, go to the properties pages of the MTA site configuration and the Information Store site configuration. There is a check box that needs to be ticked for this.

Thanks Godcom,
We had actually enabled message tracking - the problem was we hadn't shared the folder with the logs in it!
Apparently you have to share it before it will work, even if Exchange & logs are both on local machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back