Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Text replaced w/ Weekdays/Months

Status
Not open for further replies.

LottoGirl

MIS
Jun 12, 2001
US
We are currently using GW 5.5 w/ SP4. Our clients are running on Windows 2000. Many of my clients have started complaining that when they type, their text is being replaced by either days of the week or month names. I thought at first that this was QuickCorrect gone mad, but after deleting all of these entries from my QuickCorrect, I STILL had the darn problem. More and more users are reporting this crazy problem. Has anyone else seen this? I've found nothing on this in a TID or other forums. We have current virus scanning, so that's out.
Thanks in advance for any help!

Anything changed recently? Does it happen to everyone or to the ones it does at any PC? Is there anything similar about how or when it happens? Does it just keep repeating a single day or cycle through them all? Sorry for all the questions but it sounds very unusual to me too.

Cheers,

Mark ;-)

So far this has been reported by several users, don't know if all. We all run 2000 desktops w/ current SP's. This was reported well after SP4 was installed. No other changes have been made. Usually in one sitting (and this doesn't happen every day), I get the same word, i.e. "Friday" (not necessarily on Friday). If I shutdown the client and re-start it usually stops the "replacement". The next time it happens, it may use a different day/month. Even if you backup and try to re-word the sentence, usually after a space bar has been pressed, some words are deleted and then the day/month is inserted. VERY frustrating! Thanks![ponytails2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back