Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Networker import process

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpetilli

Technical User
May 17, 2011
US
I was told there was a way to import remote subscribers into Message Networker via a text file. Scouring around and not finding this information... does anyone have the process for this?

Ok, I found what I think I'm looking for. I'm networking to another system via VPIM and it looks like FTP is the preferred method of adding bulk remote subscribers into MN.

So my question now is regarding this icftp password. I have no idea what this would be set to. I see in general parameters that FTP is not enabled. I also found instructions to reset the FTP password, but I don't seem to have the same screens as the below. On my web interface I see a choice for 'icftp configuration' and it's asking for local authentication and password, which are both not populated. When I check in local administrators there's only an SA account and not icftp. I don't have the below.

Start at the Administration menu, and select Basic System Administration > Password Administration > Assign/Change Password.
The system displays the Assign/Change Password page.
Select icftp from the Login menu.
Type the new password in the New Password field.
Type the new password again in the Re-enter New Password field.
Click Save.
The password for the FTP process has now been updated.
Click Return to Main to return to the Administration menu.

you need to have the damin login or craft to set this

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

I was able to get this working all the way through and tested by adding 1 subscriber via ftp. The AVAYA doc specifies the syntax to create the ASCII file, but does not explain how to add multiple. What separates each entry? I tried:

remote machine|xxxx|name name|1|u|xxxx|company.com|en-US,remote machine|xxxx|name name|1|u|xxxx|company.com|en-US,remote machine|xxxx|name name|1|u|xxxx|company.com|en-US

It only added the first entry and failed on the 2 others and the log doesn't tell me why.

the 2nd on needs to start on a new line you are showing it on the same line as the first.

Ken Means

no comma or anything at the end of each.. just new line?

that how i remember it. It has been a while but i think that is it.

Ken Means

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back