Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hortensiam

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2002
AR
Hi!
Here is how I execute a Crystal Report in my VB6 application:

Set crapp = CreateObject("CrystalRunTime.Application")
m_Report = crapp.OpenReport("\wincg\PlanCtas.rpt")
m_Report.ReadRecords

My problem is:
when i execute my application the second time i call any report this message arise: "memory full"
I take care, after i view the report do :
Set m_Report = Nothing
Set crapp = Nothing
Does anybody know why? or what can I do?
Thanks

The only Thing I can think of is, if you have placed the above code in some of the class method and you are creating the instance of that object , atfer you are done, you are not releasing that object. Please check, I have got the same problem in vb6 & crystal and I found out that was the reason. Or else make sure you are releasing all the instance of the new object that you create in the application, just reverify.
If this is not the case and you happen to resolve the problem please post it.

Thanks

CR8 was shipped with a bug that would blow up the memory when a second report was run under VB. There is a patch for it available from Seagate. I think the file is cr80devwin_en.zip.

When we have to install CR8 on a new PC, that patch is installed as a matter of course.

I don't know if this affects later versions of CR or not.

Where can I find cr80devwin_en.zip. In the WEB site of Crystal i couldn`t find it!
Thanks,

Thanks,
I find it, but our language is spanish.
Does this patch run well in CR in Spanish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back