Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Manager 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

applepie

Technical User
Jun 26, 2001
US
We have Intuity Audix and are considering looking into Message Manager. Does anyone have any experience or opinions on how it has worked for them. Any advantages or disadvantages?
Thanks for your input.

Hi applepie,

Message Manager is a nice app. Users find it nice to have a clear view of their messages, bur also it is way easier to manage your outcalling and greetings.

Another nice feature is the fact that you can backup messages on your local PC harddrive.

If your using PC's with soundcards you can listen to the message on the PC without a phone. Without a multimedia PC you can acces your mailbox via the PC and when you need a voice connection the AUDIX system will dail the number you are at.

For telecommuters this is a killer app.

An other nice app in Message Manager is Faxing (if you have the feature enabled within Audix). You can use a fax-printer-driver to fax documents from any Windows application.

Plus you have online directories, and if you network this with other intuitys you can see everyone on the Intuity servers through-out the network.

I personaly would recomend instead of message manager. It is a web bassed app that runs on an nt 4 server and allows users to log on to a web interface of their voicemail box. I like it because it is not nessecary to install a app on every machine. José

Please let me know if this was helpful

Thanks for the link! Navigating the Avaya web site can be a real pain sometimes. Being able to have all messages accessible from one place would be more convenient and save time, plus being able to backup msgs to hard drive would be a plus. Users here have to be creative and forward messages to themselves, and get a new time stamp, in order to avoid the recurring system audit wiping out messgs they want to save.

If you allready have internet messaging enabled you can pull voicemail into email using pop mail this is a useful tool and can be done with no adidional cost if internet messaging is allready enabled...

José

Please let me know if this was helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back