Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Lights for Direct Agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

danburger

IS-IT--Management
Jun 16, 2004
US
We are in the process of moving from deluxe mode to EAS using direct agents. Right now, the message light for Audix is lit only when the agent logs in with their agent id. Is there a way to also light it on the station when they aren't logged in?

I beleive you only have to give the same coverage path to the station form as you do for the Agent form, the coverage path though for the station should include the Agent extension. My question though is why do you want to have the light on even if the Agent is not logged in? Are the phones shared?

If the agent's do not share phones, you could program one of the open buttons on their phone as a "busy-ind" lamp for their agent login ID. - or - Depending on the version of Definity you have and the type of phone that you are using, you may be able to change the Message Lamp Ext on page 1 of the station form to their agent login ID (assuming that is where their voice mail is associated).

Also, you could think about using PSA and have them bring their extension to the desk they are at each day.

I'm not a switch right now, but there is a field either in "change sys features" or "change features" that says apply message waiting lamp to STATION or AGENT LOGIN-ID. Choose station instead of AGENT-LOGINID.

Hope this helps,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back