Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Light on station 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatThomas

Technical User
Oct 20, 2005
GB
Hi,

Why would the message light keep coming on, on a station when there is no voicemail associated with the station on audix?

Is there anything else that this light could indicate?

Thanks,

NatThomas,

as the name suggests, the message waiting light indicates a message waiting for this extension. it may be a 'leave word calling' feature used or something else. but being in your place, the first thing i'd check would be the 'message lamp ext' field on the station form page 1 -- make sure no other station has this field set for abused extension number.

Hi,

No the light only indicates that there is a message. If all the voice messages on that extension were not deleted before the extension was assigned to a new user you will get the light. Try this command Clear amw all and then the extension number.

Hi Both, Thanks.

I have already checked that the message lamp ext field is set to the same station and not someone elses.
There have never been any messages for this station as its my collegues and hes never had voicemail or moved or been assigned this new. Its been his station since time began.

Ive now swapped the phone out to check it wasnt a faulty lamp but its still happening. Ive used clear amw all a few times and it does go but then keeps coming back after about an hour.

What next???? Its driving me nuts.

Are you sure there is no mailbox subscriber with that extension? If there is no subscriber than you can be sure that it is not Audix that is triggering the MWI.

Some other considerations:

If there is a subscriber, could it be there is a messaging step in a vector pointing to that extension?

Check the "status station" form to identify what kind of message waiting there is. Maybe this will tell you more.

Add a subscriber with the extension of your colleagues phone and then remove it again.

Let me know what you found out.

Hi,

Yep def no su in audix for 2275. Ive just added one though and deleted it as sugggested. I did a li usage stat 2275 and its only assigned to extens stat and in one pick up so not listed in any vecs.
Did a stat stat 2275 and message waiting says no too.

Light on at the moment...did a clear amw and it came back on after 10 mins.

Tricky one???

Ok, Have you tried rebuilding the extension or even busying out the extension.

Try to disable any kind of LWC om page 2 of the station form:

LWC activation = "n"
LWX reception = "none

Ive busied it out.. but I could rem and then recreate. yeah didnt think of that one.

Will try it now...

okay done... light off. Will keep you updated incase it reappears!! fingers crossed!

Thanks to all suggestions!!

Just changed the LWC to no and none....light still off.

Hope it stays off!!

thanks guys

Hope it works out !!! If not you need to access your voice mail ( Audix )and check every extension to see if Voicemail notification number is not set to recieve voicemail on that extension. Hope it makes sence.

NatThomas,

well, actually i meant the vice versa situation. if the extension 'a' is abused and extension 'b' has its 'message lamp ext' set to 'a's number AND extension 'b' has a voice mail box, then wherever any message is left in its voice mail box, the system will light message lamp on the extension 'a' not 'b'. the most common situation is a department head receiving voice mail indications for his/her subordinates' voice mail boxes, or you can imagine something.
note that turning off the message waiting reception on extension 'a' you didn't cure the problem you just masked the symptomes. ;)

Dwalin,

when extension b has its message lamp set to a's number it means that when there is a message for extension a, the MWI on station b is lit. If there is a message for b, the lamp on station b will not be lit because the lamp is set to light when there is a message for a. Also the lamp of station a will not be lit because the MWI on station a is not set to b's extension.

Bottom line: The fact that b's MWI is set to extension a will not have an effect on a's lamp when there is a message for b.

With regards to your remark on "masking the symptoms" I can say that's correct, indeed you are masking symptoms. But that doesn't mean the problem is solved. It merely gives you time to investigate why the lamp is being lit (using status station and the message waiting field), without the lamp itself being lit all the time, which is, in my opinion, more "end-user-friendly".

Strangly enough this part was missing in my previous post, though I am quite sure I entered it... Glad that you noticed this!

huffer,

oops. sorry, it means i was always wrong on understanding this feature. :)

Hi Guys,

Good news is the light has stayed off since friday. Not actually sure what fixed it but its fixed... So thank you for all your valuable info.

Nat

you could also access the VM system & display activity for that subscriber.

Hi,

I have a customer with a problem on 1 mailbox where there is an hour delay in the messages being left to the light indicating. They don't really want me to remove the mailbox and add it again unless i'm sure it will fix it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Vix

Hi,

Check the time on the PBX and on the phone, are they correct? If you put a date-time button on the phone and have the user press it will sync up the phone with the PBX time and perhaps that will fix the issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back