Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message light on, no one is home

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiremantx

Technical User
Mar 16, 2007
US
I get the message light on the phone and the flashing MWK but when I check for messages there are none. I also noticed on the front panel I have a MAJ alarm.

Since you didn't feel it was important enough to divulge the server release that someone used a MIK on a set and is playing games with you.

It is release 25 on the switch and 4.4.4 CP

Do you still have the Meridian Mail connected to the switch? Also run a search on MWI DN to see if another mailbox has your DN in that field.

ON the MAJ on the front LED, just go into the Alarm Monitor and check and clear the alarms and it will change to OK.

That LED shows the last, highest level, alarm on the system. During boot up of the server it will change to CRI but you just need to clear the alarms.

Hope this helps.

John

The Meridian Mail is still in the cabinet in the switch. I will pull it out and see if that helps. This occurs on a lot of different phones. Thanks

If the meridian mail is stll active, meaning there is an active aml link up, and there were new messages in the meridian mail after the cutover, then it could be activating the message light.

I have seen this numerous times. If you are not using the mermail, then just disable the aml link and the mermail ports and this problem should go away.

John

There are no AML links in the system. I had pulled out the Mermail cards but I still had a MWI light.

You will need to check MWI dns to see if there is another mailbox with the MWI set for the DN.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back