Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

PappaG

Technical User
Nov 21, 2003
GB
Hi All

Can anyone help what fields need to be completed to allow the message lamp on a turret to light when there is an active voicemail. I have checked the station and the Message Lamp Ext field matches the station is there anything else this is dependant on ?

change communication-interface processor-channels

Here is our config. we were told that we had to use Proc Channel 9:

Proc Gtwy Interface Destination Session Mach
Chan Enable Appl. To Mode Link/Chan Node Port Local/Remote ID
1: y mis s 3 5001 cms 0 1 1
2: y audix s 2 5002 audix 0 1 1 1
3: n 0
4: n 0
5: n 0
6: n 0
7: n 0
8: n 0
9: y qsig-mwi s 2 6009 audix 0 9 1 9
10: n 0
11: n 0
12: n 0
13: n 0
14: n 0
15: n 0
16: n 0

As a follow-up, the "Switch" field in Audix needs to be set to 9 and the VMail button on the Turret needs to be the same as the subscribers extension.

Thanks Manfmmd

i have checked the above and all looks ok i am trying to get more info surrounding the problem to see if it will help pinpoint this.

Hi,
If you have an analog station you need set Message waiting Indicator: led (or neon) and Audible message waiting? - yes in station form.
If you want to leave a message by FAC: Leave Word Calling Send a Message you need LWC Reception: spe in station form.

Hi

This feature works on my local switch we do not have any entry in the communication-interface processor-channels
for audix yet it still works. For our phone type there is no field for Message waiting Indicator: led (or neon) Audible message waiting? - yes is set to no LWC Reception: spe is set and it works yet on one of my other switches all matches except it does have the field in communication-interface processor-channels set and it does not work. can anyone shed any light on this. I have sent the user a check list to go through to ensure it is not a fault does this feature work for anyone does it work on some phones and not others once i get the check list back i will post it. In the mean time if anyone can think of anything it would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Hi ,
try this
clear amw all "extension" in asa that will reset the signalling. if else is configured as it should the light will come on

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back