Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Indication not working at Remote Site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tataylor

IS-IT--Management
Jan 10, 2003
US
I have a Succession 1000 and Call Pilot 2.5 at my main site. I have a BCM 3.5 with T7316s attached to it. I am using IP trunking for centralized voicemail and four digit dialing. All of this is working great. I can four digit dial in both directions to any extension with no problems. My T7316 users can access voicemail and retrieve messages. The problem is that the message indication is not working. The light does not go on and there is nothing related to a message on the display. My basic understanding is that the ip trunking makes a virtual dchannel between the two locations and that the BCM really has no settings besides SL1. The RCAP on this virtual is set to ND2 and from what I have read this is all it should need. Any ideas or direction would be appreciated.

I'm not certain about IP trunking, but NMS Option (Network Message Service) is required with standard PRI trunks to turn on message waiting lights at remote sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back