Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Forwarding Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

pronei

Vendor
Mar 11, 2008
US
When I log into MyCallPilot and enable the message forwarding rule. The email's come in a timely manner (less than 1 minute).

After about 1 day with forwarding rule on, the emails start to take 2+ hours to arrive in my inbox.

And then I get a Postmaster error of:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients

Subject: (no subject)
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 15:28:00 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
"Unknown" <VPIM=pronei/domain.com@callpilot.domain.com>

Reason: The mailbox or telephone number is invalid. Please confirm the address. (4)

What would cause it to work when I first enable, and then crap out after a day or so?

Why is it saying VPIM=pronei/domain.com@callpilot.domain.com when in the rule I put pronei@domain.com as the email address.

We are having this same problem, but we have been able to get the messages to forward to an external email client (g-mail), but they won't forward to our exchange server.

We have followed all the steps to configure the exchange server (IP and port 25), and we joined the CP server to our domain just to see if that would help with authentication.

So far, no one seems to be able to help with the problem.

When I originally posted this problem I was running Callpilot 4 SU03 on a 703T CP server.

I have since upgraded to SU04 and a whole slew of PEPs. The problem has not reoccurred since I have done this.

We'll see how long it lasts, so far its been operational for going on 2 weeks straight.

pronei.. you more than likely fixed your problem with
the SU04 pep i had the same issue at a customer after
i went to the new peps the problem has gone away it was
a 703t also its been trouble free for a month.

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

Good to hear! That problem nagged me to no end for 2 years! Whats weird is in the readme for the SU and the rest of the peps, this problem was never referenced.

from what i found out was the fix was in the microsoft
hotfixes the PEP CPSECPEP010S.thats what is crazy!

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

In the security updates? Wow, good place to bury a problem that wasn't supposed to be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back