Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Forwarding Rule Read Receipt settings 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

telebub

Vendor
Jan 9, 2009
US
I have setup several CallPilots with the message forwarding rule feature and it works great with the exception of getting the light to turn off on a read receipt of the message in Outlook. Has anyone been able to crack this yet? I have been setting the check box "mark message read when forwarded by this service" so the light goes off immediately. Customer wants the light on until they listen to the WAV file in Outlook and then it turn off.

War Eagle!!

I had this problem with Outlook 2007 with 4.0. When we upgraded to 5.0 with the latest updates the problem went away.

JHenley

Interesting. All CallPilots that I have this feature setup on are release 4. I haven't had to set it up on any Release 5 systems yet. I may need to see if any of my release 5 systems have some desktop messaging seats where I can "play". Thanks for the info!

War Eagle!!

Telebub,

I had a problem similar to this with CP 4.0 and Exchange. Message forwarding did not work at all until we put the primary DNS suffix in the computer name. We have it set to mark message as read when opened by recipient. Read receipts are however generating an error in the server event viewer. Besides that everything works. The MWI is turned off and the message is marked as read in Outlook.

telebub,

I was just on the Nortel espl site and came across a PEP that specifically addresses read receipts not turning off MWI in some cases for ESN configured sites. It is SU03 dependent. Don't know if this applies to you but it might be worth a shot. PEP is CP404S03G25S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back