Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Forwarding not sending messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

camdennetcom

Vendor
Aug 2, 2012
US
I have tried to solve this with the troubleshooting guide and looking for threads on here but this is the first time I have set this up so I am not sure what to do and I need some help please

I do have plenty of UM's for this. I have configured the COS for MF and the mailbox.

I have entered the SMTP for Cox which is

pop.east.cox.net.

Then I entered the email address in the mailbox.

I get this error in the log:

information 2012-11-10T00:54:23.380975 bcmm50jls Security [1756]: eventID=30200; message=User logon User=nnadmin Host=192.168.1.144 Comp=VMAIL; problemResolution=No Action Required.

I am not getting the message forwarded to the email address.

I have this set up on a BCM 50 6.0 using a 12 port Nortel PoE.

Thanks

The message you copied (30200) is an info message that a user logged in to the management interface using the nnadmin account - it is not an error message.

Is this the correct error? I am not sure how to establish a "connections to the remote host"

minor 2012-11-10T04:06:19.914496 bcmm50jls STLog [3213]: eventID=44018; message=VoiceMail - Message Forwarding - Mailbox 281 - A connection to the remote host could not be established.; problemResolution=Check the BCM network settings or the LAN network status to resolve the network issue.

I believe the problem is because the Cox email server won't allow the BCM to write emails to it. I've run into this problem before. It's a protective measure against spam email.

If you can contact their administrators, you can get them to allow your system's domain added to their trusted list or if you can't get that done, you might be able to set up a gmail account and use it as an SMTP relay. I've done that before and it works quite well

instructions in case I overlooked somethin something. Than instructions in case I overlooked something. Thank you[highlight #FCE94F][/highlight]

TelcoDog:

I thought that might be the case. I did try my own gmail account but it did not work.

I had thought that this was as simple as setting up a regular email account within my own email program.

What configs do I need to double check for gmail?

This is going out over a little 4 port Cisco router from the BCM nothing special or via a server.

It used to be IMAP only and not POP servers.
Depending on who the POP server is with you can maybe set it up to check a 2nd account creating its own folder with a rule to that folder which in this case would be the IMAP account.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Related to Telcodogs reply I think it is because those accounts like yahoo and gmail do not like emails from IP numbers?.
i.e. the CP sends out something like callpilotuser@IPADDRESSofBCMorCP.com (callpilotuser@192.168.XXX.XXX.com).

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Thank you but I guess I am still confused as what to do to resolve the problem.

I understand were to locate the PING function but exactly what do I enter to PING this ot clear to me even lookng at the troubleshooting docs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back