Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message forwarding loop error

Status
Not open for further replies.

gragayle

MIS
Dec 4, 2001
US
I am getting the following error when I go to book a resouce -- I have a 5.08 Domino server running on NT. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Maximum forwarding loop count exceeded. Message probably in a forwarding loop. Examine Forwarding Address of intended recipient in Address Book.

Thank You!

Gayle Alspach

Stupid question, but did you check to see who was in the forwarding address section of the document for the resource?

It may have itself entered in the list or it has an address that also has forwarding enabled. Somewhere in the chain of forwarding an earlier address is listed again.

Thanks for replying -- Here's the stupid question -- where would I find the forwarding address in the resource document?

Go into the comapny NAB and select the resource. Open the doc and you should see the forward address line.
Unfortunatley I don't use 5 so I can't tell you exactly where to look. This was not a function in 4x.

It is on the mail tab of the Person document as was in 5 it says forwarding address. I have also come across this problem when removing one domain and adding another. If this is somethng you have recently done check that the uses addess is the same in all possible places and that the new address names are spelt correctly in the server document

hope it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back