Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message for you appear on multiple sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevjb

MIS
Jun 13, 2003
US
MICS 5.0 s/w with PRI DID's. I have extension 1920 setup in office and extension 1930 setup in his lab (same user) - he only wants one phone number for both his sets. So, I have 1920 also appear/ring on the lab extension of 1930 (I have physically removed any physical indication of extension 1930 from this phone, so he thinks it just a secondary 1920 phoneset). When a call comes in to 1920 (internal or external), both phones ring and if unanswered will roll to 1920 mailbox (3rd party vmail system utilizing VMI's), but only vmail indication will appear on the 1920 set. Is there any way to get vmail indication also on the 1930 phone set when a message is left in 1920 mailbox?

Depending on the type and version of VM, enter the 2nd DN, 1930, as alternate ext1 in mailbox 1920. This can only be done if 1930 has no mailbox assigned to it

ask third party how...ask the sales person who sold it how

Pat Guido
NEXTIRAONE
Pat.guido@nextiraone.com

Formerly Nextira, formerly Williams Communications, formerly Wiltel, formerly Nortel networks, formerly Northern Telecom, formerly, Nynex meridian systems formerly Northern Telecom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back